The Saltscape Landscape Partnership is a Heritage Lottery Funded partnership with an aim to protect, enhance and celebrate the salt landscape and heritage of the Weaver Valley.
Saltscape has a big focus on community participation, and have a range of projects that they would like to extend into the Frodsham area. Examples include:
- Local history projects
- Conservation volunteering
- Heritage and conservation skills training
- Wildlife surveys
- Digital media skills (e.g. oral history recording, photography etc)
In particular, they would like to promote their Community Grants scheme and other aspects of the Saltscape Programme. Saltscape’s Community Grants are available to groups working in the Saltscape area (Weaver Valley) to:
- Conserve, record or restore important features connected to the natural or built salt heritage of the area
- Celebrate the unique landscape of the Weaver Valley
- Provide opportunities for people to learn new skills and take part in training
If you know of any projects (of value up to £1000) that might be suitable for these grants then they would love to hear from you. The grant application deadline is 31st March, and there will further rounds later this year.
More information about the grant criteria, as well as the Saltscape Landscape Partnership scheme can be found on their website at www.saltscape.co.uk and http://www.saltscape.co.uk/community-grant-scheme-opens/.