GENERAL ELECTION – 8th JUNE 2017
The deadline to register to vote is Monday 22nd May. For more information on how to do this, see https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Local Authorities have to make sure that disabled voters are not at a disadvantage on polling day.
They must give you:
- Information at the polling station about what assistance is available.
- The right to request assistance to mark the ballot paper.
- A tactile voting device so that you can vote in secret – if required.
- A large-print version of the ballot paper for reference – if required.
- Assistance if you are unable to gain access to the polling station.
More information on general elections and about what happens after them is on the Parliament website at: