The Marshes Community Benefit Fund Panel has named the projects which have been awarded the first £60,000 of the annual £120,000 community payments made by Frodsham Windfarm Limited.
The application process attracted a lot of interest with seventeen applications totalling just over £200,000 competing for the initial tranche of funding available (£60,000). The independent panel of local residents have received from the successful applicants the final grant agreements for the shortlisted community projects which will ensure that they are capable of being delivered in accordance with the requirements of the Community Benefit Fund constitution.
The successful applicants are:
- Frodsham Women’s Institute – £250 towards the cost of the Frodsham Show.
- Frodsham Junior Volleyball Club – £1,000 for training and development for their coaches.
- Girl Guiding Frodsham – £1,500 towards the cost of an accessible toilet.
- Alvanley Village Hall – £5,000 for cladding and insulation of the Hall.
- 1st Helsby Scout Group – £30,000 towards refurbishing the Scout Hut.
- Frodsham Cricket Club – £10,000 for a lawnmower and storage.
- Elton Primary School & Nursery – £12,000 for a community garden.
Dianne Walker (Panel Chairman) explained that Panel members are looking forward to seeing the successful projects being developed, to benefit the residents in the areas surrounding our new wind farm. The panel members will be monitoring the projects as they develop to ensure they meet the objectives set out in the signed agreements.
Projects that were not awarded funding in this round have also been notified. Eligible schemes that were unsuccessful in this round can reapply for future rounds.
For details of the Fund and information on the application process you can visit the website www.marshescbf.uk
Applications for the next round of funds will close at the end of August 2017.