The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Art Competition
Frodsham Town Council
Calling all budding young artists up to the age of 16 who live and study in Frodsham
Put on your thinking caps and imagine how you think Frodsham will look in 70 years time!
*Prize winners will be chosen from 3 age specific categories (see Terms & Conditions below for details)
Prizes will be awarded for each category as follows:
1st Prize – £20
2nd Prize – £10
1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners will each receive a Certificate
and a Platinum Jubilee Mug specially commissioned by Frodsham Town Council
The closing date for entries is Tuesday 31st May 2022
Please submit your entries to one of the following collection points by the closing date above:
Castle Park Arts Centre
St’ Hilda’s Drive Post Office
Top Shop, Fluin Lane
(please ensure that the child’s name, age, a contact phone number / email address are attached firmly to the art work to enable the winner and runners up to be easily contacted)
*Terms and conditions for the Frodsham Children’s Art Competition
- The competition is open to participants of the correct age categories who live or study in Frodsham except members of the immediate families or households of Frodsham Town Councillors or Frodsham Town Council employees.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to claim the prize.
- There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- All competition entries must be submitted to Frodsham Town Council or one of the designated collection points before the end of 31 May (the “Closing Date”). All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- There will be three age groups for judging: (1) up to and including those in Year 2 (KS1), (2) Years 3 to 6 (KS2), Years 7 to 11 (KS3 and KS4)
- The winner for each group will be the one judged to have best met the criteria by the judging panel. The judges will take into account effort, creativity, feasibility and artistic merit.
- Details of the membership of the judging panel will be available on request after the winners have been announced.
- The winner will be selected as soon as possible after the Closing Date.
- Frodsham Town Council will contact the winners personally as soon as practicable after the Announcement Date, using the telephone number, address or email address provided with the competition entry.
- Frodsham Town Council will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If a chosen winner does not respond to correspondence within one (1) week, Frodsham Town Council reserves the right to offer the prize to the next most eligible entrant that were received before the Closing Date.
- The decision of Frodsham Town Council will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not transferable to another person.
- The prize will be a voucher of a value to £20 plus other items to the winner of each age category, £10 to the second place in each age category and a third prize in each category. No part of the prize is negotiable or transferable.
- The prize will be sent digitally. If a physical version is preferred, it should be collected at a prearranged time. The winner must inform Frodsham Town Council if they cannot collect. If collection is not possible, please allow 30 days for delivery of the prize.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- The competition is run by Frodsham Town Council
- Frodsham Town Council reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
- Frodsham Town Council will not accept: (a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or (b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- Frodsham Town Council must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Frodsham Town Council will publish the surname and county of the prize winner and, if applicable, their winning entries online using the social media channels of Frodsham Town Council
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Frodsham Town Council via email@example.com . In such circumstances Frodsham Town Council must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
- Frodsham Town Council will only process your personal information as set out in the Communications Policy which can be found at 313-FTC-Communications-Policy.pdf (frodsham.gov.uk)
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Frodsham Town Council may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- Frodsham Town Council reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound these terms and conditions.