This is a message from United Utilities.
Due to freezing weather conditions, a number of our customers are experiencing no water or reduced pressure, caused by frozen pipes in their properties.
The weather is set to warm up over the weekend and any frozen pipes in your property will begin to thaw. When this happens, some of your pipes may leak or burst as a result of being frozen so it’s worth taking some steps now to be prepared just in case this happens to you.
1. As the temperature rises, check your pipes in any cold places – can you spot any water dripping from the pipe?
2. Find your stop tap, and turn it clockwise to turn off the water.
3. Turn off the heating in the building, open all your taps to drain the system quickly.
4. Soak up any escaping water.
5. Check with your insurance company to see if you’re covered for leaks and bursts or call a plumber.
6. If you need to find a plumber in your area visit www.watersafe.org.uk
7. If water has leaked near your electrics switch them off at the mains.
For more help and advice if you have a frozen or burst pipe head to www.unitedutilities.com/get-your-business-winter-ready
We hope this information has been useful, and hope that things are back to normal soon.