Meeting 5 (2022/23)
76.Apologies for absence
To receive apologies
77.Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest on items which are on the agenda.
78.Requests from the public to speak
Members of the public are invited to speak on items which are on the agenda in accordance with FTC policy on public speaking at meetings: https://frodsham.gov.uk/policies-procedures/
79.Local government finance settlement 2023-2024
To note that council tax referendum principles will not be set for local (parish and town) councils in 2023/24.
To consider approval of the reserves policy
To note report provided by the Town Clerk/Responsible Finance Officer.
To consider approval of the budget recommendations for 2023-2024 as detailed in the Budget/Precept report (item 81):
To consider approval of the precept request for 2023-2024
84.Invoice fraud update
- To note that the Co-operative Bank have admitted partial liability for the invoice fraud and refunded 50% of the fraudulently acquired funds.
- To note that the Co-operative Bank will continue to pursue the receiving bank, TSB, for the remainder of the fraudulently acquired funds.
- To update the Co-operative bank account and remove existing signatories who are no longer council members.
- To note that the Co-operative business bank account provide dual authorisation of BACS payments and agree signatories.
- To update the CCLA bank account and remove the existing signatory who is no longer a council member.
- To approve new signatories to the CCLA bank account.
- To approve withdrawal of £150,000 from the CCLA bank account to the Co-operative current account in order to meet year end financial obligations.
- To note that the Town Clerk attended Basic Introduction to Cyber Security hosted by the University of York on 5th January 2023.
- To note that the Town Clerk completed FiLCA in December 2022 as accredited by the Society of Local Council Clerks.
- To note that the Town Clerk completed GDPR e-learning course accredited by SLCC on 4th January 2023.
- To note that the clerk is registered to attend Procurement accredited by ChALC on 24th January 2023.
- To note that the Town Clerk is registered to attend Quotes, Tenders and Contract Management accredited by the Society of Local Council Clerks/NALC on 13th, 20th and 27th January 2023.
- To note that the Town Clerk is registered to attend Managing Cyber Security accredited by SLCC/NALC on 3rd March 2023.
- To note that the Administrative Officer is registered to complete ILCA accredited by SLCC/NALC by 1st June 2023.
- To note that the Administrative Officer is registered to complete Basic Introduction to Cyber Security hosted by the University of York.
87.Councillor finance training
- To note dates for finance training for councillors as provided by Cheshire Association of Local Councils: 25th January 2023 from 6.30pm to 8pm; 22nd February from 6.30pm to 8pm; 27th April from 10am to 11.30am.
- To agree attendance.