A statement from Cllr Mallie Poulton.
It was with great pleasure that I managed to deliver last year, the first of hopefully many, a Frodsham Tree of Life and Remembrance. So I now would like to thank all who made this first time effort a success and to say yes we will be back bigger and better this year.
So many people bought stars, and I thank them, but there are a group of people without whose help this wouldn’t have got off the ground:
- The Bears Paw (manager Alison) because without them our tree would not had a home and an electricity supply.
- Gleaves because without them we wouldn’t have a tree.
- KDL because without their help there would have been no lights and thanks to the guys for putting them on.
- Alan from ‘Muck Off’ – and our own Paul Morris (the facilities manager at FTC), thanks for putting up the tree and maintaining it right up to the day it came down.
- Ian at ‘Digital Impressions’ for obtaining the star at cost – thank you.
- Jackie of The Antiques Fair at Castle Park and Kirstie from the Independent Market for giving me stalls at no cost, I am truly grateful and I wish all your hopes and dreams for the next year come true.
- And last but not least my footie mate from the Red Lion Mr Lee (Elvie) Elverstone and family for donating the full amount of money to buy the stars.
- Without the help of Frodsham and District Stoke Club we would not have had the man power to do as well.
Finally, the people who benefitted from a grand total of over £750:
Weavervale Primary School Special Needs Unit
Royal British Legion
Frodsham Stroke Club and Stroke suffers in flood areas
Blessings to you all, Cllr Mallie Poulton FTC.