Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has a vision of a Cheshire where there are no deaths, injuries or damage from fires and other emergencies.
We are developing our new 2024-2028 Community Risk Management Plan (CRMP) to help achieve this vision by undertaking more fire prevention and protection work in the community, as well as providing a better emergency response across Cheshire. To do this we are proposing several changes:
- Changing how we staff our second fire engines at Macclesfield, Northwich, Runcorn and Winsford to provide more guaranteed fire engines across Cheshire during weekday daytimes.
- Changing how we crew the fire engine at Knutsford to provide guaranteed fire cover.
- Reorganising our daytime fire cover in the Warrington area.
- Reviewing our on-call duty system.
- Strengthening our prevention and protection work in the community.
Visit our website to find out more about the changes we are proposing and have your say on our plans for the next four years.
Here, you will be able to watch some short videos which explain our proposals in more detail, view our draft CRMP and supporting information, as well as provide your views using our online survey.
The consultation process runs until 2 January 2024. After this, the Authority will consider the feedback received before deciding on the final CRMP which will take effect from April 2024.