Agenda – Meeting 2 (2023/24)
1. Apologies for absence
To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest in items which are on the agenda.
3. Approval of minutes
- To approve and sign the minutes of the Annual Town Council Meeting held on 22nd May 2023
- To approve and sign the minutes of the Full Town Council Meeting held on 22nd May 2023
4. Standing Orders
To resolve to suspend Standing Orders for items 5 and 6 to enable Cheshire West and Chester Councillors and members of the public to take part.
5. Requests from members of the public to speak
Members of the public are invited to speak on items which are on the agenda in accordance with FTC policy on public speaking at meetings.
6. Cheshire West and Chester Council Councillors (Lucy Sumner & Mike Garvey)
To receive a written report from councillors. Document circulated prior to the meeting.
7. Standing Orders
To resolve to reinstate Standing Orders for items 8-19
8. Policing report
To receive a written report from PCSO Neil Flanagan. Document circulated prior to the meeting.
- To note that the expenditure in month 3 was £16,096.35 and the income was £96.00.
- To note that the balance on the Co-op Instant Access account on 30th June 2023 was £25,442.63
- To note that the balance on the Co-op Community account on 30th June 2023 was £157,681
- To note that the balance on the CCLA account on 30th June was £282,925
- To approve and sign the Month 3 reports pack which includes all income and expenditure. Document circulated prior to the meeting.
- To note that Cllr Wade checked June 2023 bank statements to bank reconciliation reports on 12th July 2023.
- To approve a councillor to check July 2023 bank statements against July bank reconciliation reports on a date to be agreed in August 2023. (Frodsham Financial Standing Order 2.2).
10. Peel Holdings – Solar Farm Consultation Phase 1
To agree a response to the current consultation. Document circulated prior to the meeting.
11. Frodsham Library and Leisure Hub
To note the report from Cllr Lofts following the meeting held on 13th July 2023. Document circulated in advance of the meeting.
12. Rural Communities and Engagement (CWAC)
- To receive a report from the Clerk following the meeting which took place with officers from CWAC on 12th June 2023. Document circulated prior to the meeting.
- To approve appointment of councillors to a working group, hosted by CWAC, looking at signage and heritage plaques.
- To note that the Clerk attended SLCC training on quotes, tenders and contract management on 6,13 & 20 July.
- To note training undertaken by councillors. Document circulated prior to the meeting.
- To note that the Clerk will be running a short Zoom session for councillors on the process for dealing with accounts and payments. This will be followed by a session on code of conduct and declaration of interests run by Jackie Weaver (Chief Officer, Cheshire Association of Local Councils). The event will take place from 6.30pm on Wednesday 6th September 2023.
14. Christmas Festival
- To note that Cllr Lofts will be joining the organizing group representing FTC.
- To approve release of the grant of £10,000 for the 2023 event as previously agreed.
15. Lease arrangements
To note there has been no further progress on the separation of the lease for Frodsham Community Association and Frodsham Youth Association and that Frodsham Town Council is waiting for confirmation of the division of the building in order to proceed.
16. Clerk’s report
17. Exclusion of press and public
To resolve to exclude members of press and public due to the confidential nature of agenda item 18.
18. Green Gates play area
To consider making payments to contractors for works completed.