Meeting 5 (2022/23)
1. Apologies for absence
To receive apologies and reasons for absence.
2. Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest
3. Requests from the public to speak
Members of the public are invited to speak on items which are on the agenda.
4. Minutes of the meeting held on 19th December 2022
To accept and sign the minutes as a true and accurate record of the meeting.
5. Prism IT
- To receive a report from Prism following security breach of the Town Clerk’s email.
- To consider installing additional security/anti hacking software.
6. Frodsham Town Council accounts
- To approve and sign the total monthly BACS, direct debits and cheques.
- To note the monthly income and expenditure report.
- To approve and sign the bank reconciliation reports to end January 2023.
7. Finance procedure update
To note the report provided by the clerk.
- To resolve that Frodsham Town Council has met with its obligations as Trustee of Friends of Hob Hey Wood and note that the Annual Return for the period 1/04/2021 to 31/03/2022 has been filed in accordance with the requirements of the Audit Commission.
- To resolve that Frodsham Town Council has met with its obligations as Trustee of Frodsham Recreation Grounds and note that the Annual Return for the period 1/04/2021 to 31/03/2022 has been filed in accordance with the requirements of the Audit Commission.
- To resolve that Frodsham Town Council has met with its obligations as Trustee of Overton Hill Memorial Field and note that the Annual Return for the period 1/04/2021 to 31/03/2022 has been filed in accordance with the requirements of the Audit Commission.
9. Interim internal audit report
- To note the revised report provided by Frodsham Town Council’s internal auditor following response from the Town Clerk.
- To note that the council is obliged to use Contract Finder if the contract has a value of over £30,000[i] and is being publicly advertised.
- To note that the council is not obliged to use Contract Finder if the contract has a value of over £30,000[ii] and individual companies/organisations are invited to tender providing Frodsham Town Council’s financial regulations are followed.
10.External support from DCK Accounting
To note that the 2023/24 budget overview and advice meeting took place on 19th January and revisions were made to the accounting system to reflect committee income and expenditure.
To consider revision to the finance regulations following advice from DCK Accounting.
12.Festival of Walks
- To consider granting an additional £500 to the working group under budget code 4710 for the 2023 Festival of Walks.
- To consider administrative support for the 2024 Festival of Walks.
13.Year end audit (2022-2023)
To note that DCK Accounting will be closing down year end (Rialtas software) on 24th April 2023 and the internal audit will be carried out by JDH Business Solutions on 15th May 2023.
To note that Northwich Town Council has carried out topple testing, identified headstones in need of attention which the Cemetery Clerk is actioning.
15.Liverpool Airport Consultative Committee
To receive a report from the Clerk following the meeting held on 17th February 2022.
16.Cleaning contract Castle Park House
To consider quotation for contract cleaning from the existing provider following the removal of the current service by Castle Park Trust.
17. Exclusion of Press and Public
To resolve to exclude press and public from the meeting due to the confidential nature of the business to be discussed.
- To consider a request from the Town Clerk to reduce hours of work from 37/week to 32/week (flexible).
- To consider increasing the hours of work for the Administrative Assistant from 13/week to 21/week (flexible).
- To note that employment contracts allow for a maximum of 5 days leave to be carried over from one year to the next.
- To consider payment of annual leave not taken (above the 5 days carried over) in the leave period January 2022 to January 2023.
- To consider setting up a standing order to ensure payment of regular staff salaries are made according to contractual agreements.
19. Date of next meeting – 24th April 2023
20. Close of meeting
[i] As amended 21/12/2022 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2022/1390/pdfs/uksi_20221390_en.pdf
[ii] As amended 21/12/2022 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2022/1390/pdfs/uksi_20221390_en.pdf