Agenda – Meeting 5 (2021/22)
66.Apologies for absence
To receive apologies and consider acceptance.
67.Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest
68.Requests from the public to speak
Members of the public are invited to speak on items which are on the agenda.
69.Actions from the previous meeting
To note actions taken since the previous meeting held 28th February 2022
|50||Declarations of interest||Cllr Sumner declared and interest in item 60 as an allotment holder||Noted|
|53||Minutes||Approved and signed||Resolved|
|54||Finance report||Approved and signed||Resolved|
|55||Finance regs||Approved: 4.1. Expenditure on revenue items may be authorised up to the amounts included for that class of expenditure in the approved budget. This authority is to be determined by:
• the council for all items over £5,000;
• a duly delegated committee of the council for items over £1,000; or
• the Clerk, in conjunction with the Chairman of the appropriate committee, for any items below £1,000.
Such authority is to be evidenced by a Minute or by an authorisation slip duly signed by the Clerk, and where necessary also by the appropriate Chairman.
|Finance regs amended|
|57||Audit 2021-2022||The report was noted and Cllr Ashton requested that, in future, the internal auditors include the date the report was carried out in the report. It was further noted that the internal auditors recommended adoption of the model financial regulations with regard to obtaining 3 quotes||Noted|
|59(a)||Cemetery – resident-private-gated-access||It was agreed to review the decision to allow private, gated access to the cemetery, subject to licence agreement, following lack of response from resident as at 28-02-2022 at the next meeting to be held in April 2022||Response received. Action required.|
|59(d)||Cemetery – bench-new section||It was unanimously agreed to install a bench, at no cost to the relatives, on the curvature of the memorial wall looking towards the new section of the cemetery and to review other potential sites in the new section of the cemetery||Quote requested for installation|
|60(b)||Allotments||It was agreed to arrange a meeting with Northwich Town Council to discuss the service level agreement relating to the reports for the allotment sites. Cllr Ashton asked to be present at the meeting||NTC to carry out regular inspections on FTC owned land as per SLA|
|62(b)||Code of conduct||It was resolved to adopt the code of conduct, as adopted by CWAC and recommended by ChALC from 1st April 2022 subject to FTC insignia being applied.||Approved by FTC 28/03/2022 with effect from 1/04/2022|
70.Minutes of the meeting held on 28th February 2022
To agree and sign the minutes as a true record.
- To note 52 payments in March totalling £25,736.62.
- To note 9 receipts in March totalling £17,054.26.
- To note that after all considerations, total cash balances as at 31st March 2022 were £416,672.
- To note the finance report March 2022. This includes details of all expenditure and receipt items, bank statements, bank reconciliations, breakdown of expenditure and receipts by budget item, management reports.
- To approve and sign the report.
- To consider approval of payment of £160.00 to the Queen’s Head in respect of 16 vouchers which were received after the cut off date (T7735) under the Over 70s scheme.
72.Internal audit 2021-2022
- To note the RBS annual account audit took place on 12th April 2022
- To note the internal audit was carried out on 13th April 2022 by JDH Business Services
73.External audit 2021-2022
- To note the timetable for year end processes in 2022.
- To note the dates set for the period to exercise Public Rights and Publication of Unaudited Annual Governance & Accountability Returns is Monday 13 June– Friday 22 July 2022.
To adopt the NALC Finance Regulation model document as recommended by internal audit and with amendment to paragraph 11e to enable the council to accept tender/quotation documents received via email.
- To note actions taken to date
- To note report from Cemetery Clerk
To receive any further report from the Clerk.
77.Date of next meeting
To be confirmed following Annual Meeting