Cheshire West & Chester Mental Health Awareness Training
Cheshire West & Chester Council are looking to arrange Mental Health Awareness training for residents that are working/volunteering with community groups. Courses will run in February/March 2023 and will be delivered online.
The Mental Health Awareness course is a half day course which covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
If you are interested in attending this course please email PublicHealth@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk. Your name and email address will be stored on a secure database and we will contact you when course dates have been agreed.
Registered Charity: 1074676 Company Number: 3555199
Registered in England and Wales – Registered Office: Queens House Annexe, Queens Road, Chester, CH1 3BQ