Agenda – Meeting 8 (2019/21)
This meeting was held in accordance with Local Authorities and Police & Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Crime Panels Meeting) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020
Members of the public were invited to join the meeting via Zoom.
109 Apologies for absence
To receive apologies
110 Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest on items which are on the agenda
111 Requests from the public to speak
Members of the public are invited to speak on items which are on the agenda in accordance with FTC policy on public speaking at meetings: https://frodsham.gov.uk/policies-procedures/
112 Manley Road Copse
- To note that the Clerk requested quotes from 3 contractors recommended by members of working groups who have not previously provided services to FTC. Contractors were asked to provide a copy of public liability insurance and traffic management plan as works will necessarily take place adjacent to the highway. Current providers of grounds maintenance services have not been invited to quote for the works.
- To note that 1 quote has been received following a site meeting with Cllr Ashton:
- The front hedge is cut both sides & top (before nesting season)
- All bramble and ivy is removed from fences on other 2 boundaries
- Bamboo rooting from neighbouring property is uprooted within copse.
- All bramble and unwanted vegetation is brushcut to ground level to enable sight of the land prior to further (chemical) action
- unsightly or damaged small trees are removed or tended.
- Ivy is removed from taller trees to enable inspection and aesthetics
- Any litter removed
- All chip to be spread on existing footpaths
- Timber from trees to be stacked into habitat piles to assist the environment.
- Mature or more established trees and bushes will remain unless remediation work is required
Follow up work:
- On future inspection, to keep on top of the bramble and unwanted weeds, it is recommended to apply a glyphosate based application once the plants are actively growing to have maximum effect.
- In order to carry out the initial work It is estimated 2 days will be required at £600 per day, totalling £1200.
- Chemical application is £250 per visit, observation would determine the quantity of visits required.
- Teams can be made available within 2-3 weeks of confirmation
c. To agree action to be taken
113 Northwich Town Council
To note request from Cllr Ashton for RFO to provide details of all payments to Northwich Town Council for works carried out between October 2019 to date.
114 Play areas
- To consider works identified by Northwich Town Council following routine inspections as reported by the Clerk previously to Committee and minuted. Minute reference: 9/02/2021/102
Draft Amenities Committee Minutes 9-02-2021
- To agree action to be taken
115 Amenities Committee Meetings
To consider frequency of meetings and agree recommendation to full council.
116 Grounds Maintenance SLA
- To note that: Lowthers contract was for a 3-year period with an option to extend at the end of the period 2020. NTC contract is open ended with option to cancel with notice. Amenities Committee met on 11th February 2020 immediately prior to lockdown. Clerk given delegated authority to enable to Council to continue its business at PP&R meeting held March 2020. There was no option but to continue with the current SLAs and there had been no complaints about the service provided. Amenities Committee did not meet again until 13th October 2020 due to COVID-19 when it was noted that the SLAs are under review (item 55). The next meeting was on 17th December 2020 when it was again noted that the SLAs are under review (item 84), this was noted again on 9th February 2021. Both contractors are aware the SLA is under review and have agreed to continue to provide their services until further notice.
- To agree action to be taken