Agenda – Meeting 1 (2021/22)
1. To appoint a Chair
2. To appoint a Vice Chair
3. Apologies for absence
To receive apologies and consider acceptance.
4. Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest.
5. Minutes of Meeting 10 held on 9th March 2021
To agree and sign the minutes as a true record.
6. Opportunity for public to speak
Members of the public are invited to address Cllrs on items which are on the agenda.
7. Committee terms of reference
To approve the terms of reference for the Events Committee for approval by Full Council at the next meeting to be held on 26th July 2021.
8. Festival of Walks Working Group
To note the reports from the working group meetings held on 26/03/2021, 23/04/2021, 29/04/2021 & 4/06/2021.
9. Post-Covid event
To consider whether to proceed with a post-covid event.
To approve the request for funding of £200 towards the Summer Reading Challenge.
To consider arrangements for Remembrance Day 2021.
12.The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons – 2nd June 2022
To note information received and action to be taken
13.New Year’s Eve firework display
To consider whether to hold a firework display on New Year’s Eve.
14.Frodsham and Helsby Charity Motor Show (Round Table)
- To note that the show was due to be held on 18th July 2021 and has now been rescheduled for Sunday 19th September from 10am to 4pm
- To approve use of the Community Field for the event
To consider whether to hold a Halloween Event.
16.Firework Display 6th November 2021 (Rotary)
To note that the event is scheduled for 6th November 2021 and to approve use of the Community Field for the event.
- To note that the Christmas lights in 4 of the wrapped trees are in need of repair/replacement at a cost of approximately £10,000 and agree action to be taken
- To confirm arrangements for provision of a Christmas tree
- To note that the catenary wires require testing and bulbs replacing
- To consider giving delegated authority to the Clerk, in conjunction with the Chair, to authorise expenditure on behalf of the Christmas Festival Organising Independent Committee, up to a limit of £1,000 per item
18.Frodsham Christmas Festival Organising Independent Committee
- To receive an update from members of the independent committee
- To approve the constitution for the independent committee
- To agree action to be taken and budget
19.Fields in Trust
- To note that Fields in Trust have supplied commemorative plaques for each of the sites registered which need to be erected: Park Lane play area; Churchfields play area; Hob Hey Wood; Community Centre; Red Lion Bowling Club.
- To agree action to be taken
20.Frodsham Festival in the Park – Sunday 29th August 2021
- To note the date of the event in Castle Park and Castle Park Arts Centre – organised by Rotary
- To note that the annual downhill run, beginning at the War Memorial and ending in Castle Park will take place on the same date – organised by Frodsham Community Association
- To agree any action to be taken
To receive any urgent items from the Clerk and agree any actions to be taken.
22.Date of Next Meeting
Tuesday 7th September 2021