Agenda – Meeting 9 (2019/21)
NOTE: THIS MEETING HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED ITS ORIGINAL DATE, WHICH FELL WITHIN THE PERIOD OF NATIONAL MOURNING AFTER THE DEATH OF PRINCE PHILIP, DUKE OF EDINBURGH
This meeting is being held in accordance with Local Authorities and Police & Crime Panels (Coronavirus) (Flexibility of Local Authority and Crime Panels Meeting) (England and Wales) Regulations 2020.
Members of the public are invited to join the meeting via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 898 4867 3057
Draft minutes and an audio recording will be made available as soon as possible after the meeting.
118 Apologies for absence
To receive apologies.
119 Declarations of interest
To note any declarations of interest on items which are on the agenda.
120 Requests from the public to speak
Members of the public are invited to speak on items which are on the agenda in accordance with FTC policy on public speaking at meetings: https://frodsham.gov.uk/policies-procedures/
121 Approval of minutes
- To approve the minutes of the meeting held 9th February 2021.
121a. Amenities Minutes 9-02-2021
- To approve the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held 17th March 2021.
121b. EO Amenities Minutes March 2021
122 Replacement trees
To consider a request from Tom Blundell to replace 7 trees in Churchfields, 3 in Hob Hey Wood and 14 in Ship Street orchards. The estimated cost is £12 per tree and £3 per stake.
123 Hob Hey Wood
To note report from Mark O’Sullivan. (Appendix A)
124 Amenities Committee year end accounts
- To note that the total budget for 2020-2021 was £67,630 and total expenditure was £36,747.
- To note that £2,930 was spent on additional grounds maintenance works during the year as follows: fallen branches (Ship Street); strimming Manley Road Copse and installation of nurse on Frodsham Hill; graffiti removal on Churchfields play area; inspection of trees prior to installation of Xmas lights, replacement hanging basket brackets and light repairs; strimming Marshlands; repair of Xmas tree socket and removal of bollard; clearance of Manley Road Copse.
124b. 4813 Additional maintenance
- To approve the accounts for recommendation to Full Council.
125 Community Infrastructure Levy
- To note FTC has received £2,358.32 from the Community Infrastructure Levy administered by CWAC.
126 Ship Street Options Appraisal
- To receive a report from Cllr Hayes & Cllr Wade.
- To consider actions to be taken and recommendations to be made to Full Council.
127 Memorial Path/Benches Working Group
- To receive a report from Cllr Griffiths.
127a. Bench Minutes
- To consider actions to be taken.
128 Manley Road Copse – Maintenance
- To note that initial clearance works have taken place as follows: hedge cut both sides & top; bamboo rooting from neighbouring property uprooted within copse; all bramble and unwanted vegetation is brushcut to ground level toenable sight of the land prior to further (chemical) action if instructed; unsightly or damaged small trees removed or tended; ivy removed from taller trees to enable inspection and aesthetics; litter removed; all chip spread on existing footpaths; timber from trees stacked into habitat piles to assist theenvironment; clearance of footpath underneath hedge to widen for pedestrians; branches extruding from copse into neighbouring property have been shortened or removed.
- To note the invoice in the sum of £800 has been approved for works outlined above.
- To note outstanding work to be carried out; ivy removal from rear fence; brushcut bramble again; apply more chip to internal footpaths as required.
- To agree further action to be taken.
129 Standing Orders
To suspend Standing Orders to allow a report from Frodsham WI.
130 Frodsham WI
- To receive a report from Frodsham WI regarding future maintenance of Manley Road Copse.
- To agree further action to be taken.
131 Standing Orders
To reinstate Standing Orders.
132 Play areas
- To note that Cllr H Hayes and Cllr C Ashton considered the items identified from operational inspections (carried out by NTC) and visited each of the play areas following the Amenities Committee Meeting held on 17th March 2021 to inspect works identified and determine necessity to carry out works recommended.
- To note that NTC has been instructed to: replace the broken bench slats and weed the area beneath the swings on Churchfields; infill trip hazard at entrance to Park Lane play area with tarmac following instruction by Cllr Griffiths (Chair).
- To note that 1 quote has been received for replacement of the closing mechanism for the gate (previously reported) at Park Lane play area in the sum of £480.00. The quote was sourced from an independent fabricator who has carried out works to gates at Castle Park House and Grounds.
- To note the play area inspections carried out by Northwich Town Council on 16th March 2021.
- To note that the remaining cradle swing on Churchfields is showing signs of wear.
- To consider a quotation for missing cradle swing on Churchfields in the sum of £332.10 (Playdale BS EN 1176) which includes installation cost of £48.00.
- To consider concerns expressed by Cllr Critchley (Lakes Ward Councillor) with regard to use of Townfield Lane children’s play area for adult Zumba classes now that larger class sizes are permitted.
133 Play area inspections
- To note the play area inspections carried out by Northwich Town Council on 16th March 2021 and circulated to members of the Committee.
- To agree actions to be taken following consideration of the reports.
- To note RoSPA Annual Inspection date.
134 Grounds Maintenance SLA 2021-2022
- To receive a report/recommendation from Cllr Hayes and agree action.
- To consider/approve draft SLA.
- To consider/approve process for tender.
- To receive a report from Cllr Griffiths with regards to employing a groundsman.
- To agree action to be taken.
136 Amenities Committee Meetings
To note future meeting dates.
|AMENITIES 2nd Tuesday @ 7pm
Alternates between 7pm & 4pm
137 Clerk’s report
To receive Clerk’s report.